Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 6 - Election Post

Well the election is just around the corner so it is time to make predictions:

For the presidential race I believe Obama will win the electoral vote 326 to 212. This is based on my prediction that Obama will win both Ohio and Florida of the swing states, and McCain will win Florida. As for the national vote, I estimate that Obama will receive 53% and McCain will receive 46%, and 1% will go to other candidates. I checked the Zogby International polls as well as CNN, and the results were clear. Obama will be our next president!

As for the senate race, I think Mark Warner will win by a considerable margin, considering he is more than twenty points ahead in the polls. The Republican candidate, Jim Gilmore, does not stand a chance. Warner has done very well as Governor of Virginia, and has the support of the state. 

In the two local House Races, I predict Frank Wolf, the Republican candidate, will beat Judy Feder (Democrat) in the 10th District. He is currently serving his 14th term in office as one of the Representatives from Virginia, and people apparently think he is doing a fine job. In District 11, I am not as sure of the outcome. I predict that the Democratic candidate, Gerry Connolly will win. He is endorsed by Governor Tim Kaine and washingtonpost.com has him ahead in the polls.

Well all I can say is I hope the Bradley Effect doesn't have too much of an effect on this election, and it goes exactly how I predict it too!!

3 comments:

Carrie Kurtz said...

wow we pretty much said the same thing. I have Obama winning the electoral vote by an even bigger margin but I based it off of some web site and I took into account all the states leaning Democratic so maybe I should have left more leeway for McCain...but who cares Obama is going to win anyhow. I'm still kinda worried about the Bradley Effect though. Ever since I did my current event on an article about it it's been on my mind for this election.

As for the senate it is so Warner all the way. Gilmore is def in the dumps.

And for the districts it could sway either way i think...we shall see!

good job!

Tyler said...

Awesome...you, carrie, and I all sad the same thing...however, our electoral votes were different...but please, tell me of two people who predicted the same exact electoral votes...I am glad Obama won...and you know...all that jazz...n' stuff...yea...well written and I know this is pretty late but...you know, i'm human...!!!

Ronny! said...

haha besides the minor mistake I just told you about Obama winning Florida and McCain winning Florida, good prediction! haha.

Close prediction though, only like 20 votes off from Obama and McCain's total in the actual! But, yay Obama wins in the real thing anyways haha