Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Current Event #4

On washingtonpost.com, I read an article about recent polls in the presidential election. I was very interested because I have been volunteering for Obama and I wanted to read more about how he was doing. The article was called, "Obama Up by 10 Points as McCain Favorability Ratings Fall." The article says that Obama is gaining momentum and at the same time, McCain is losing ground in his campaign. Part of the blame is laid on McCain's new negative campaigning. The story says that he has been spending too much time focusing on attacking Obama and not enough time spreading the word about his own policies. Voters said the debate last Tuesday night did not change their opinions much. However, something must be changing the minds of former McCain supporters. There are only about thirteen percent of undecided voters left so both campaigns need to step up their exposure and spread the word. I have high hopes for Obama's campaign as more and more television ads are on every night. It might just be a money thing, but I do not see nearly as many McCain campaign advertisements on when I watch TV.

No comments: