Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection #4 - Prom

So this year's prom was certainly interesting. We can start with the stupid rules and my date. So I have a friend from GMU, and I was going to go with him to prom. He had asked me a while ago, and I said we could go as friends. here's the problem, he is 21. Apparently that is against the rules. So, my mom called the school and several friends tried to help as well, but nope, he isn't allowed to go to the dance. Problem number two, I already said I would go with him, so I couldn't really ask anyone else, even though I wanted to. :( So, I go to pictures and dinner with him and the dance all by myself. The other thing that made prom this year not so great was that I hurt my knee on Monday. So, there I was at my senior prom with no date, and a busted knee that I couldn't really dance on. However, the evening as a whole, wasn't bad. I had a bunch of great friends there that were all very sweet and took turns sitting, and trying to dance, with me. I still got to get all dolled up and overall had a good time. Oh well, it wasn't as much fun as it could have been, but still a pretty darn good night after all.

No comments: