Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reflection #3 - College Orientation

This past Sunday through Tuesday was my college orientation. Driving down, I was a little nervous because I had no idea what to expect. They did not print a schedule, so I didn't even know what I would be doing for the next two and a half days. I checked in around 8:30 Sunday night, and some of the student leaders invited me to come back down and socialize. I wasn't feeling great after the seven hour car ride, but I decided I should make an effort to meet people. We all watched a movie and headed to bed. The next day the real orientation schedule started. We had a little tour of the campus. Then we met with advisors to work out our schedules. The whole first day was pretty fun, and I even made some friends. That night, around 8:00, we were given some free time, so we decided to play some ultimate frisbee. It was really fun. Then, I was jumping up to catch a pass in the end zone, when a guy behind me jumped up to try and block it and ended up colliding with me. We both fell down, and I hurt my knee. I was on crutches all the next day, and I have to go to physical therapy for at least the next month. All in all, it was a good trip. I just hope that isn't an average day at Appalachian State University.

No comments: