Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reflection #2 - Pops Concert

I have been meaning to go to a chorus concert for years, but other than Cabaret I haven't been able to. Last night I realized what I have been missing. It was awesome. The first number was good, but sort of hard to understand. I think it was because there were so many people. I had no idea chorus was that big. The following songs were awesome, including some amazing solos performed by seniors. After the intermissoin, Mr. Vanslyke performed a solo. It turns out he is a professoinal singer in New York, so, naturally, it was good. I did feel bad for him though when he messed up on the panio. He hit a couple of wrong notes, but he recovered well. The concert was longer than I had expected, but was well worth the time. The last song was so sad, and I know I saw several of the seniors crying. All I have to say is, Great Job Chorus!

No comments: